Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Some Glad Morning.....I'll Fly Away

Hello all! So, back from Scotland, with so much done and so much to write about.
There were so many aspects of this particular trip that merit description, in the midst of jet lag, etc I am still trying to work through all of it.
We spent our days working out in a myriad of different gardens & weather systems (everything from gardens in the center of town, a wet and wild marsh garden, and a vast meadow ringed with a community orchard, in the wet, misty, sunny, windy, rainy, dry, clear, buggy weather. Horseflies, midgies and stinging nettle, oh my!) We practiced the fine art of clumping through a small Scottish village, dirty and bedraggled, tools slung over our shoulders. (Harder than it sounds!) On top of that we were leading the team of 10 people. Not only was there all of this, there was the overlay of community life, that we were coming back into a community of people with whom we'd lived and worked, loved and prayed. That meant that after we'd put the children to bed, finished our team's evening devotions, B and I were out most nights walking through the village to visit friends. We loved watching the beautiful and slightly surreal sunsets at 10:45PM, catching up with people and introducing them to G & Hecho.  Anyway, all this made for a deliciously rich and full time for us, with little time left over for blogging. But now that we are back, and I've decided that writing needs to play a bigger part in my life again, I hope to be able to process different aspects of our time back in Scotland. I am a typical external processor (a condition common to bloggers), and I have a feeling that there are still some things out there that I have not thought through or even experienced fully since I have not been able to write.
Which brings me to this: little Rosa Bird is spreading her little wings and flying away, alighting on a flower named rosa-sinensis. Wow, that was inane! I am going back to my original blog, rosa-sinensis, and will continue this narrative over there.....ta for listening, and come meet me under the rose, at rosa-sinensis! 

2 comments:

  1. First time visit here, though have checked back every so often at your other blog . . .

    Was hoping we might hear from you while you were in Britain but also know Scotland is a long way away, another country indeed.

    Hope you get back to 'external processing' soon. Meanwhile, I expect there's a lot of the internal kind going on. (And the looking after children and all sorts of other kinds too!)

    Hope all is well.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther, I know! I was hoping to get to down somehow to Dorset to see you whilst we were there, but of course, we had no extra time, and had to get back home so B could work, etc. reminds me of the time some friends came to visit B from Germany-they had about a week's visit and were hoping to visit Yosemite, the Grand Canyon & San Francisco, all enormous distances from each other!
    We were so busy as well, and I forgot just how much jet lag affects one-sorry I didn't email to let you know we were in your neck of the world!
    Yes, lots of internal processing going on. I miss writing! Glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

chirps & clucks